Nuclear Free Festival
Festival Photo Essay
Connecting the twin dangers of nuclear weapons and nuclear power:
No more Hiroshimas and Fukushimas!
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Copley Square, Boston
On this day 66 years ago – July 16, 1945 - the nuclear age began with the Trinity atom-bomb test in the New Mexico desert. It’s time for the nuclear age to end.
Let’s begin to end it in Copley Square on July 16, 2011!
Come LISTEN, LEARN and Join in the FUN !
Music and Dance:
- Public Interest (rock)
- Rutsubo Taiko Drummers
- John Loretz (folk)
- Japanese Theater Club performers
Short talks including:
- Randy Kehler - Safe & Green Campaign
- Brian Corr, Cambridge Peace Commission
- Anna Baker, Pilgrim MUST
- Congressman Edward Markey (invited)
- Rep. Byron Rushing (invited)
- Raffle - Free Prizes!
- Green Energy Demonstrations
- Large Puppets
- Globe Showing our nuclear-studded Earth
- Nuclear Fashion Show
Donate: Donations are urgently needed to put on a powerful Festival. Read the details.
Massachusetts Peace Action